Wednesday 1 January 2014

Journey from Design to Interior Design…

Once again it was New Year's eve. Celebration mood. End of one more chapter. Mind started summarizing. It made me introspective.. I looked back…my personal journey, professional journey, social journey…and I found only one factor, common everywhere “Design”!

What is this Design? Why we design? What purpose does it serve?

For me, design is the soul of everything. It’s not only a theoretical subject to learn but it’s a way of living life. It’s an approach, it’s an attitude, it’s a theme, and it’s a beginning of every journey!!

Design is that area of human experience, skill and knowledge, which is associated with our ability to mold our environment to suit our material and spiritual needs. We all are designers by nature. We design our dreams, goals, thoughts, actions, work, actually our entire life.

Every design has four fascinating stages. DiscoverDefineDevelop and Deliver! and every stage is an amazing journey in its own way!

My fascination for designing made me step into the wonderful field of interior designing. A subject closely associated with human life.
Interior designing is a field which gave me opportunity to touch the human mind.

Interior Designing is a field of creativity. It’s a field of expression. My small interior designing firm “AkarshDesigns” took an interesting challenge to understand the need of our clients and deliver their expression in the most beautiful ways. It has been a challenge to make the space speak about the user.

In designing, we not only sell only products but we also sell our ideas, we sell our thoughts. We create wonderful experiences! We create welcoming spaces. We give different perspective to look at things. We create moods. we give personality to the spaces we work on. We create happiness, we create comfort. We create memories. In my view its one of the best profession that touches human life very closely.

While stepping in 2014, I felt like expanding my horizons of interior designing. Want to learn more about it. want to express, discuss, talk, share more about it.. Want to become a part of many lives, many human minds, many welcoming spaces. Yes...at the beginning of 2014 my new design is taking shape...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment